13 Students Hospitalised In Lagos After Inhaling Poisonous Fumes

Ogba-chemical-explosion1

THERE was palpable anxiety among parents and guardians in the Ogba axis of Lagos metropolis Thursday, after 13 students of Ogba Junior Grammah School, Ogba, Ojodu Local Council Development Area, LCDA, collapsed after inhaling an unidentified poisonous fumes discharged from one of the cottage factories in Ogba Shopping Arcade.

This came four months after 25 of the students of the same school collapsed after inhaling an unidentified chemical waste discharged into drainage by a  Photo Laboratory, situated in the Shopping Arcade.

Ogba-chemical-explosion3

Officials of the  National Emergency management Agency, NEMA and its Lagos state counterpart, LASEMA and the Lagos State Environmental Health Monitoring Unit, SEHMU arrived the scene and rushed the unconscious victims to the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital, LASUTH, Ikeja for treatment.

Out of the 13 affected students, one was a male while the rest were females. Some of their names are Tijani Mariam, Subaidat Oladokun, Adebiyi Taiwo, Muiz Rodiat, Ogunbami Omolade, Onaigbe Blessing, Karimat Akiode, Rasak Gbolahan and Modupe Idowu. 

Ogba-chemical-explosion 2

NEMA information officer, Mr. Ibrahim Farinloye and the Council Chairman, Mr. Julius Oloro said that the school and the shopping arcade have been shut until they find out the root cause.

Nawaooo….I wish the affected children quick recovery…

Culled from here