Stephen Keshi withdraws Nigeria resignation

The Nigerian national team coach Stephen Keshi has performed a dramatic U-turn on his decision to quit as Nigerian coach, with the Africa Nations Cup-winning boss revealing he will now continue in the post after talks with the Nigerian sports minister.

Keshi led the Super Eagles to a historical glory on Sunday for the first time in 19 years, the former defender revealed to South African radio station Metro FM on Monday that he had tendered his resignation and that was a shocking news to most Nigerians, just like the Pope announced his too.

But, in less than 24 hours later Keshi has reversed his decision following a meeting with Nigeria sports minister Boloaji Abdullahi.

A statement from the 51-year-old coach, released by the NFF, said: “My attention has been drawn to reports in the media that I have resigned my appointment as the head coach of Super Eagles of Nigeria.

“While I have had cause to express my displeasure over some issues that happened in the course of our participation in the AFCON 2013, which my team won by the grace of God, especially concerning my relationship with the Nigerian Football Federation, I have since had opportunity to discuss the various issues with all concerned.

“I am therefore pleased to say that I have reconsidered my position and have decided to continue with my job. I want to thank the Honourable Minister of Sports, Mallam Bolaji Abdullahi, for his swift and kind intervention.”

Nigeria's coach Stephen Keshi carried by players

Nigeria’s coach Stephen Keshi carried by players

Keshi  became only the second man – after Egypt’s Mahmoud El-Gohary  to win the competition as both a player and coach. There were loads of praises and heroic chants in respect to his achievement after ending Nigeria’s long wait for African Nations Cup glory, with a 1-0 victory over Burkina Faso in the finals.

According to ESPN, Nigeria are currently top of their World Cup qualifying group for Brazil 2014, ahead of Namibia, Malawi and Kenya after two games.

Malouda Says Chelsea Is Trying To Mentally Drain Him

32 year old Florent Malouda voiced out an accusation against his employers Chelsea Football club saying they are mentally trying to drain him. The Chelsea midfielder was omitted from the first-team squad for reasons which are best known to his employers.

Malouda has this to say: ”If you are excluded for a year, it is very, very long. You must be armed mentally. All this is done to break me mentally but in reality it motivates me enormously.”

According to a source Malouda might be moving to Anzhi Makhachkala Russia the end of the month.

Florent Malouda

The France international winger also added:

”The details I’ll explain when I’m free, but the strategy they use is to make me look like a player seeking substantial compensation. It’s petty but more than anything else it makes me smile because it shows how these people regard me.”

Wow…even after winning Chelsea Player of the year 2010? I sincerely wish him all the best and hope he finds a suitable team that will support him mentally.

Florent Malouda

Florent Malouda

Nigerian Super Eagles Took NFF By Surprise After They Booked Their Return Flight Tickets Thinking Ivory Coast Wins Quarter Finals

Super Eagles

Super Eagles of Nigeria

A source revealed to  Sports Vanguard that all the money relating to the flight arrangements had been concluded after Sports Vanguard got information in Abuja that the football house had already booked for the team’s return flight to Nigeria soon after the match.

*Shaking my head* What a way to believe in a team and motivate them. Tell me how these guys will feel about that one stupid action and the humiliation faced by their coach?

I am glad the super eagles team put NFF to shame by wining 2-1 against the Ivory Coast most feared team, just like UK metro weather is always being put to shame most times they’ve predicted white Christmas for us…lol

Nigerian Footballer Peter Odemwingie Branded ‘wholly unprofessional’ At His West Bromwich Clubside

Jeremy Peace the Albion Chairman of  West Bromwich has renowned striker Peter Odemwingie ‘wholly unprofessional’ after witnessing him on a TV footage driving to QPR in an attempt to force through a move on transfer deadline day.

Jeremy Peace

Jeremy Peace: West Bromwich Albion chairman

It has been gathered that Peter was at the heart of a controversial “deal” when he failed to push a move to join Harry Redknapp’s team in West London even after taking to twitter to show off his anger:

Peter Odemwingie

Jeremy Peace also mentioned in his statement: ‘As our sporting and technical director Richard Garlick has repeatedly said in recent days, we had no need or desire to sell our core players,’.

So Peter Odemwingie, why not look at the brighter side of life? Your manager sees you as a core member of his team, not all players get that creidt. egosentrik team wishes you all the best bruv. *The sky is only your starting point says moi*